Tuesday 18 April 2023

Heavy Metal Wild Flowers

It has been some time since I have posted, twelve years have passed since our trip to Liverpool and I approach my sixtieth birthday with eyes darting from past to present to future with a growing sense of unease and isolation. Of course, all of these feelings and thoughts are not new, nor are they particularly special but they present a daily challenge, of mastering the human mind and the attendant feelings both emotional and physical; a challenge that we are still wrestling with thousands of years after the Tao was written, Gautama, Jesus and the Hindu scribes sought to make sense of our presence and which now is my preoccupation. I seek solace and connection in the natural world, in music and company, though I find myself less drawn to human interaction... busyness seems to distract and pervade.At least the garden is ready for Spring, a glorious chaos with neat borders that I dabble with whilst life continues, heedless of my tidying.

No comments:

Post a Comment